Each strand of the hair needs enough nourishment and moisture to be healthy form root to end. When hair is missing these essentials, hair ends will be the first to experience issue. They will become dry and you get split ends. This condition can be caused by excessive heat from blow dryer or the damage from too rough brushing, strong shampoo, wind, hair irons, bleaching, dying and wide range of hair shaping products. Split ends issue can even slow down hair growing. Home remedies for hair care are very popular because they have no side effects like chemicals always do, and we have easy access to all natural goodness right there, in our household.
Egg yolk based masks for split ends
Egg yolks are the first remedy for split ends. They contain protein and essential fatty acids. Proteins are the very substance of the hair. With egg based mask, hair will get nutrients, get smoother and will increase resistance to breakage. There are a many ways to use egg for hair mask, choose the one you like the best.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil or almond oil, and one teaspoon of honey into one egg yolk. Stir the mixture until consistency. Apply mask into your hair with gentle massage. Cover all the hair, especially the ends. Cover with plastic and leave it for twenty minutes. Wash your hair as usual.
- Mix egg yolk with a teaspoon of water. Use it for massage on vet hair. Wash hair after massage as usual.
- Make mask of one egg yolk, banana and few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mask to your hair twice a week, leaving it on for half an hour before washing as usual.
Papaya base mask home remedy for split ends
While is being tasty food, papaya is also great home remedy for hair care, especially split ends. For a shine and healthy hair, use papaya in hair masks to improve moisture and protect ends. Remove skin and seeds from one papaya, mash it and add yoghurt to make a paste. Use it as a mask, twenty minutes before washing your hair.
Warm oil mask for split ends
Oil restores the moisture of the hair, protects from dryness and maintains structure of the strands. For the battle against split ends, use warm oils for scalp massage and make sure you cover all hair. For only the ends, apply warm oil to strands and cover with plastic or shower cap. Leave it for an hour and then wash your hair as usual. Repeat at least once a week. Here is the list of oils that can be used as home remedies for split ends: castor oil, olive oil , almond oil, argan oil, and jojoba oil.
Milk cream home remedy for split ends
Milk cream is rich in proteins and fat. This mask is easy to use. All you need to do is ti to apply cream on your hair, leave it for half an hour and then wash as usual.
Honey mask for split ends
Honey has great properties for hair. Lots of industrial products for hair are using honey but the best use is to apply honey itself to hair. Dilute honey with warm water in amount enough to cover the whole hair. Leave it on for a half an hour and then wash hair as usual.
Beer to prevent split ends
Beer is known conditioner for the hair, and when hair is well conditioned, breakage resistance is increased. Proteins in beer will bond to hair follicles and hair will get extra shine. Use diluted beer for final rinse, massage while rinsing and then wash it off with clean water. After hair is dry, beer smell will evaporate.
Avocado home remedy for protection from split ends
Avocado is found to be a great home remedy for split ends because it’s enriched in proteins and vitamins essential for hair care. Remove skin and pit from avocado, mash the flash with one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it into a paste and apply to your hair with fingers, making sure all strands are covered. After an hour, wash your hair as usual.
Chamomile tea to increase resistance for breakage
Chamomile tea rinse will calm down hair, maintaining the hair from roots to ends. Hair becomes soft and therefor, resistance to split ends is increased.
Shea butter and cocoa butter home remedies for split ends
Shea butter or cocoa butter used as home remedies can help to relieve you from split ends in one week time. Treatment is simple. Use butter of your choice in very small amount on damp hair. Spread butter on hair using fingers and palms. Do not wash it off. Let it stay on the hair. Improvement will be noticeable in few days.
Clarified butter or ghee for split ends
Clarified butter or ghee is a good home remedy for the split ends. Use it warm to apply on hair and leave it on for one hour. Wash your hair as usual.
Dal or black lentil mask for split ends
Dal or black lentil needs to be grind into powder. Use the same amount of fenugreek seeds. Add yogurt into the powder to make paste and then apply to your hair. Leave it on for an hour and then wash your hair thoroughly.
Mayonnaise home remedy hair mask
Mayonnaise can help to prevent split ends while hair treated with this food, becomes soft and shiny. Apply mayonnaise directly to your damp hair, leave it on for a half an hour and then wash it off with mild shampoo.
Banana treatment for split ends
Hair treated with banana will have increased resistance to breakage because banana restores natural elasticity of the strands. Mash one banana with addition of few drops of olive oil. Apply mask to your hair, leave it on for half an hour. Make sure to wash banana out of your hair thoroughly.
Fenugreek seeds powder mask for split ends
Mix half cup of fenugreek seeds powder and half cup of curd into a paste. Apply the paste gently into the hair. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with cold water. This remedy can help to restore healthy ends.
Advices for split ends
- Forget brushes. Start to use a wide-tooth comb. Wet hair is easy to damage so make sure that you first apply conditioner then remove all the tangles by lightly gliding wide tooth comb through hair.
- Make sure vitamins B are included into your nutrition, specifically folic acid and biotin. Foods rich in folic acid are green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits and nuts. Source of biotin are vegetables like carrots, tomato, cabbage, then berries, nuts and eggs.
- Protect your ends with leave-in conditioner which will work throughout the whole day to prevent split and stop breakage.
- Trim your hair regularly. Once end of the hair is split, if is not removed it can only get worse. Trim once in two-three months will remove split ends and prevent them.
Warnings for split ends
- Pay attention on shampoo ingredients! Shampoos that contain alcohol will dry out your hair. Use shampoos with natural ingredients and avoid strong hair beauty products too.
- Wash your hair less often! Frequent washing will dry out your hair. For example, if you currently wash hair every day, start to delay washing to every alternative day. Aim is to wash hair no more than twice per week.
- Never rub your hair with towel! Be gentle to your hair, you would never rub your silk shirt. Let water just slide out of your hair and then cover head with towel to let excessive water gets absorbed.